Our Favorite SEO Tools
There’s a plethora of tools out there for us digital marketers. When I started in this industry it took me some time to figure out which tools offer real value, and which ones you can live without. Here is a list of some of our favorite tools for the online marketer, broken into categories. Note that the category “multiple tools under one roof” contains SEO tools that may accomplish most, if not all of what you may be trying to achieve (depending on your role):
Google Webmaster: While more than just a tool for links, take a closer look into your link profile and see what the search giant may be looking at.
LinkDetox: A great way to dive deep into your link profile and find and categorize different types of toxic links, amongst other insights.
Screaming Frog: Great Crawler software. Xenu is a good option too, but Screaming Frog has always been our favorite. We often use this to identify all of our 404s or 302s.
Google Keyword Planner: Although not the best for researching trending searches, and now only the Exact match is available, it remains still a necessary tool for keyword research.
Wordtracker: They use a proprietary keyword effectiveness index that gives a gauge of the keyword competitiveness. Wordtracker uses the metacrawlers, Dogpile and Metacrawler.
GetListed: My favorite tool for identifying local citations. Easily sort by category to find the best citations for you niche.
SEMrush: Provides robust data and research with great keyword positioning tracking.
Multiple Tools under one roof:
SeoClarity: A favorite amongst the Enterprise tools.
SearchMetrics: We really like the visibility graphs along with the ability to analyze PPC data.
Moz: Pretty good price for a wide range of tools; however, it lacks keyword integration.
Raven: You can do just about anything from link analysis to monitoring social media.
Ahrefs: They have a large index and great anchor text distribution charts. You can also track link acquisitions (in case you are paranoid about negative seo).
Majestic: Great crawling software enables nearly an unlimited amount of link research data. Industry standard software.
- Unleash SEO Power: Must-Have Chrome Extensions for Website Success September 20, 2023
- SEO-Friendly URL Optimization: Mastering Structure for Better Ranking September 20, 2023
- Real Estate Marketing Ideas: Crafting a Results-Driven Marketing Strategy September 20, 2023
- The Anatomy of a Broken Link: Causes, Effects, and Solutions September 15, 2023
- Crafting an Informative FAQ Section: A Step-by-Step Guide September 14, 2023
- Local Business Schema Markup: Elevate Your Brand With The Magic September 14, 2023
- Update Alert: Maximize Visibility with Product Reports from the Google Merchant Center Shopping Tab September 12, 2023
- Gary Illyes: Deciphering GSC Anomalies with Filtered Data vs. Overall Data Discrepancy September 11, 2023
- Google Update! Deploy a Google Tag within Tag Manager August 31, 2023
- Google August 2023 Broad Core Update August 24, 2023
Contact AdLift for a 360-degree marketing plan