Update Alert: Maximize Visibility with Product Reports from the Google Merchant Center Shopping Tab
If you are an online merchant using Google as your core advertising platform, you must read about the new ‘Shopping Tab Update.’ Do you know it takes days for users to understand them thoroughly? Worry not. We have it all mapped out for you here.
If we look at previous updates, the search engine introduced a dedicated section category in the Search Console. This allowed merchants to make their products visible on the Shopping tab. It was a step towards empowering merchants to expand their reach across the platform using their merchant accounts. It uncovered different ways to boost your visibility on Google by strategically using your products and their information.
Now, with each upcoming update, Google aims to encourage more and more merchants to utilize their platform for online marketing. This update is all about product visibility maximization. It aims to support merchants in scaling up their sales and generating more revenue. If you browse through your Search Console, they have made some interesting upgrades to the Shopping tab Listings report.
Decoding the Features of Shopping Tab Update
This time around, their goal is to offer merchants a detailed view and enhanced control over their product offerings. Here are the decoded features of this update that can help you as a merchant:
The merchants will now be notified if any of their products stop showing up on the Shopping tab due to any issues. This way, you can stay on top of things and make sure your products are always visible to your customers.
This enhancement focuses on obtaining the number of clicks each product receives. Moreover, it aims to enlighten the merchant about insights on issues with the products. For instance, a product with details that need improvement will perform better, which can lead to substantial growth in impressions received.
Alongside the features, you must know how to access them. So, let’s find out.
Accessing Detailed Product Reports
Now that you know about this update, here are a few steps that you can follow to gain access to these features.
Ensure your Google Search Console and Merchant Center accounts are connected. If not, it can be done by anyone having admin rights.
Next, ensure that your website is eligible for adding the Shopping tab listings or not. If there are physical goods on your website, you are good to go with them.
Now, simply access your Search Console and update your product structured data. It will automatically add your inventory.
Finally, you can navigate the Shopping tab listings on the Search Console itself and find the way to their detailed reports.
Embracing the Update
Every time a Google update occurs, users look forward to it as an algorithm change. However, the recent interest in the E-commerce sector has captured the attention. Therefore, Google’s selling and advertising platforms have been flourishing since their inception. Likewise, this update has given merchants detailed reviews about their product’s performance. So, if you want to stay ahead of competitors, connect with AdLift for expert advice today!
- Unleash SEO Power: Must-Have Chrome Extensions for Website Success September 20, 2023
- SEO-Friendly URL Optimization: Mastering Structure for Better Ranking September 20, 2023
- Real Estate Marketing Ideas: Crafting a Results-Driven Marketing Strategy September 20, 2023
- The Anatomy of a Broken Link: Causes, Effects, and Solutions September 15, 2023
- Crafting an Informative FAQ Section: A Step-by-Step Guide September 14, 2023
- Local Business Schema Markup: Elevate Your Brand With The Magic September 14, 2023
- Update Alert: Maximize Visibility with Product Reports from the Google Merchant Center Shopping Tab September 12, 2023
- Gary Illyes: Deciphering GSC Anomalies with Filtered Data vs. Overall Data Discrepancy September 11, 2023
- Google Update! Deploy a Google Tag within Tag Manager August 31, 2023
- Google August 2023 Broad Core Update August 24, 2023
Contact AdLift for a 360-degree marketing plan